Thursday, January 6, 2011

First and last Grave Secret

Not much to say about this book but I enjoyed it and I'm glad I picked this series back up. Mystery of Cameron's disappearance resolved : murdered by her stepbrother (and Tolliver's brother) Mark when she told him she had discovered their younger sister Gracie was not their sister. And that is because their shitty junkie father took the real Gracie to the hospital too late when she was sick and she died. Or he might of killed her but they really don't know. And he replaced her with another baby but that story is even more complicated. The baby had green eyes. Both of the parents had brown eyes. Throw in Gregor Mendel and Cameron's senior year biology project and bazinga. Harper and Tolliver get married and, yes, they are step-siblings. Fuck it. It's not that creepy except for Harper's tendency to still call Tolliver her brother sometimes (a really odd artistic choice on Harris' part but clearly intentional so whatevs. ) Some people bitch that some characters names and ages changed between the four books. I didn't read them back to back though and since they were minor characters, I doubt I would have noticed. Part of me feels like a slacker but part of me feels like, "There is someone out there more obsessive and lint picking than I. Hoorah."

First line:

"All right," said the straw haired woman in the denim jacket. "Do your thing."

Last line:

"And they're all out there waiting for me. All they want is to be found."

No comments:

Post a Comment