Friday, March 18, 2011

Final thoughts and first and last lines for The Likeness

This book was a little slow to get out of the gate but holy wow did it suck me in. I'm not sure what I'm going to rate it. It's between 4 and 5 stars though. I was so chuffed I thought of it being reminiscent of The Secret History but I see so did everyone else. As Julie Brown once said, original ideas are hard.

Oh well, anyways first and lasts.

First:

(Prologue): Some nights, if I'm sleeping on my own, I still dream about Whitethorn House. In the dream it's always spring, cool fine light with a late-afternoon haze.

This is Lexie Madison's story, not mine. I'd love to tell you one without telling you the other but it doesn't work that way.

Last:

Time works so hard for us, Daniel told me once. I hope those last few minutes worked like hell for her. I hope in that half hour she lived all her million lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment