Friday, May 27, 2011

The Black Diamond mystery resolved

As I wrote earlier this month, I went to Free Comic Book Day (FLOVED) and picked up a copy of the Black Diamond Detective Agency by Eddie Campbell, an comics artist who collaborated with Alan Moore.

Here's where the story gets weird--I cannot find any mention of this comic on the FCBD website or Glen Weldon's preview article for NPR. Yet, it clearly is stamped with the FCBD logo.

I kept wondering about it, as I'm wont to do with excessively trivial things. So finally I looked it up.Mystery solved. This was from 2007's give away. Maybe it's rare? Maybe I've stumbled onto the golden ticket like those stories about people finding a Van Gogh or a Stradivarius at a yard sale. Maybe I'm sitting on Oprah money.

Or, not.

Looks like he did create a full-blown graphic novel out of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment