Thursday, June 23, 2011

The absolute last time I'll talk about being on Public Radio

Unless, of course, I am again in which case trust that I'll blather on about it for a few weeks again.

I got a nice thank you letter from the producer of The Dinner Party Download, saying that the (edited) dinner party submissions were on their blog.

Here is the blog link.

And here is my submission which they actually printed in its entirety with some editor's asides and format tidying:

Vanessa McDaniel in Columbus, OH needs a bigger table for:
1.) John Steinbeck - My favorite author. I want to sit next to him and absorb some of his love for humankind.
2.) Liza Minnelli - An old school broad with a great sense of humor who could prevent any awkward silences.
3.) Paul McCartney - My chance to meet a Beatle, are you kidding? If I ever actually met him, I would probably cry and kill the party though.
4.) Caravaggio - He was a genius artist plus he had the balls to do a self portrait of himself as the severed head of Goliath. I just hope he doesn’t stab anyone.
5.) Idris Elba - He’s fascinating. Plus I just want to stare at him.
6.) Ed Ricketts - I can’t invite Steinbeck without his close friend and inspiration, Ed Ricketts. They’d be so happy to be reunited.
7.) Werner Herzog - I could listen to his Teutonic monologues forever.
8.) Stan Lee - My inner comic geek demands this.
9.) Brigitte Nielson - She just seems cool to me plus I’ve loved her since Red Sonja.
10.) Pepa - It’s Pepa.
Is this too many? [Answer: NEVER!] I have some more for dinner party #2: Ru Paul, Marc Chagall, Richard Dawkins, Jim Henson, Dolly Parton, Quentin Tarantino, Jack Kirby, Juliette Binoche, Alain Resnais, Joni Mitchell, Anatole France, Jill Clayburgh, Judy Blume, Gabriel Byrne, Lee Krasner.

Bryan thought it was funny I invited Ed Ricketts just to make John Steinbeck happy. Maybe I should have said instead that he was a pioneer of marine ecology, an outstanding drinking buddy and a muse to great writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment