Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I hate Facebook: the Final Conflict

When I was in college several years ago, FB was kind of unknown outside of the college set and only users with legit university email accounts could create an account. I created an account really just to see what my classmates were talking about. At the time it was funny.

Now of course, everyone is on there and it's just an unhip, oversharing hub of white noise. Really, if your Dad or some nosy relative is your FB friend, FB no longer serves a point. My Dad is not my friend on the internet for anything I actually use.

So, anyways I've always been too lazy to delete the account plus every once in a while I do hear from someone I used to know. But I always consider just deleting the thing. Then today, someone posts this on my wall:

Doyou think Vanessa {last name deleted} is gay?

Which is a link to some sort of annoying FB app that needs to access my personal info, of course. Which always annoys me. And more to the point-WHAT THE FUCK?? I should add also, my Uncle posted this.

No I'm not gay. I have Asperger's Syndrome. But thanks for asking. And no, I don't want that posted on Facebook either. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment