Saturday, July 2, 2011

Final thoughts on Downtown Owl + first and last

When I read the review for this book that motivated me to place it in the To Read category, they mentioned they didn't like the ending. Lots of readers on Goodreads didn't like the ending. I'm not sure I did. But, I don't know. Did I just want a happy ending? Was I just pissed Klosterman spent all this time getting me to care about Horace and Mitch and Julia only to...do what he did?

Apparently, the February 4, 1984 blizzard was a real event.

Interesting that the only first person narrator was Cubby Candy. Does this mean the rest of the story was narrated by Cubby Candy? Hmmm.

First:

When Mitch Hrlicka heard that his high school football coach had gotten another teenage girl pregnant, he was forty bushels beyond bamboozled.

Last:

He was five minutes from coffee. It was the greatest goddamn night of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment